Note: Metrics are based on index of 30 municipal bonds domiciled in Georgia.
Index Price Change
This week, bond prices stayed notably stagnant and the overall index is changed +0.1% YTD since last week. This is the second week in a row where the Georgia index remains unchanged. However, the best performing bonds were the ones that increased in price, while the poorest performing bonds decreased.
- YTD: +2.2%
- Since February 19th: +0.5%
- Since March 2nd: -0.8%
- Since Friday Last Week: +.003%
YTD Municipal Bond Index Performance
Top Performing Municipal Bonds in Index
- The Development Authority of Gwinnett County is up +8.8% YTD, rising 0.7 percentage points since last week.
- The Downtown Development Authority of the City of Snellville Georgia is up +8.0% YTD, up 0.5 percentage points since last week.
- The Development Authority of Cobb County is up +8.2% YTD, up 0.9 percentage points since last week.
These changes are high compared to the bond index’s performance this week.
Bottom Performing Municipal Bonds in Index
- The Development Authority of White County was the worst performing bond, dropping -4.2% YTD, decreasing 0.1 percentage points in this figure since last week.
- The Brunswick & Glynn County Development Authority dropped -2.2% YTD, dropping by 0.1 percentage points since last week.
- The City of Atlanta GA Department of Aviation dropped by -1.6% YTD, dropping 0.2 percentage points from last week.
White County is in Northeastern Georgia, encompassing the towns of Helen and Cleveland, with a population of 27,144. The county is approaching 600 total cases of COVID-19. Helen, a town primarily focused on tourism with its German-American flair, postponed its 50th anniversary of Oktoberfest to 2021.
Brunswick and Glynn County are located in Southwest Coastal Georgia, primarily encompassing the city of Brunswick. Brunswick is the country’s second busiest port for import and export Roll-on/Roll-off cargo. The bond was issued to fund improvements at the Brunswick Golden Isles Airport and show industries that the area is open for business.
The City of Atlanta GA Department of Aviation is located in and supports the functions of the Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, the world’s busiest airport. The airport has seen significantly decreased traffic since the pandemic, as highlighted on the Airlines section of this site.